Top 8 summer bulbs for the cutting garden
Attention, flower lovers: flowers from your cutting garden are the latest thing! Create your own cutting garden this summer with summer bulbs and get twice as much enjoyment from your flowers. With a cutting garden full of summer bulbs, you can watch the growth of each flower as it starts under the ground and develops into a fantastic display of color. You can also be proud of the result: a gorgeous bouquet that - with your own love and care - you grew yourself. But why grow summer bulbs? What makes them perfect for the cutting garden are their length and the fact that various kinds continue to produce flowers even after you have cut some of them.
Top 8 summer bulbs for the cutting garden:
- Montbretia (Crocosmia)
- Lily (Lilium)
- African Lily (Agapanthus)
- Chincherinchee (Ornithogalum thyrsoides)
- Blazing Star (Liatris)
- Foxtail Lily (Eremurus)
- If you have children, this makes a cutting garden twice as much fun! Let them help mom: they like doing this and they also learn about the natural world.
- You can create a cutting garden in your own garden or in a vegetable garden.
Did you know that...
- Keeping a cutting garden is very relaxing. All your cares seem to drift away as you get your hands into the garden soil.
- Even a small garden is a good place for a cutting garden.